DISCLAIMER: This service provides estimates of FactorVIII levels for information purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. We make no claim as to the accuracy of the information presented here. Patients should follow the guidance of their Haemophilia center.
HaemAlert has not been fully released to the public yet but you may be able to join our beta testers, if you are interested send us an email to email@example.com
Estimate your factor VIII levels with HaemAlert
HaemAlert is a service that estimates Factor VIII levels in the blood. You can check your estimated levels at any time by visiting the levels page or checking the HaemAlert app on your Android based smart phone. NOTE: The HaemAlert smartphone app is currently in Beta and so is not generally available just yet.
How to get HaemAlert
Sign-up for a free 7 day trial and if you find the service useful you can buy a monthly subscription for £10 at any time, the trial does not start until you record your first infusion:
- Sign-up with your email address and create an account - Choose the Time Zone that you are in and record the default product that you are using.
- Enter patient details - Weight, name and half life. You can ask your Haemophilia Center to calculate your Factor VIII products half life or use the half life calculator on the 'Patient Configuration' screen to get a good estimate from the raw data.
- Enter your current stock levels and record their batch numbers.
- Record infusions as they are given.
What can HaemAlert tell me?
The level display shows your current estimated level as a percentage. Beneath that is the severity category that your estimate falls within: Normal, Mild, Moderate and Severe.
Next is a list of the dates at which your level is estimated to pass into the next severity category. If you use the Android application it will push notifications to your phone each time you pass into the next severity level.
- Estimated Factor VIII levels displayed as a percentage and updated in real-time.
- Record treatments and view levels using our Android app or the web interface.
- Receive alerts to your Android smart phone when Factor VIII levels are low.
- Record stock levels and batches for quick treatment recording.
- Automatic email alerts to other infusers when infusions are given; detailing who gave the infusion at what time and how much.
- Automatically record infusions in the NHS HaemTrack system, no need to record treatments twice.
- See an estimate of the time left before Mild, Moderate or Severe categories of Haemophilia.
- Supports multiple time zones for accurate estimates while travelling abroad.
- A handy level calculator that can tell you what the level will be at a certain time, or given a time what the level will be.
- Invite anyone with an email address to create a free account and record injections or simply receive notifications.
- Manage access with the 'Infuser' and 'Patient Admin' roles.